How to create and manage new dashboard icons
This help sheet explains how you can create popular links on your dashboard.
1. In the Admin app you select Dashboard Links in the menu on the left hand side of the screen. Click on the Add Dashboard Link button on the blue toolbar towards the top of the screen.
2. You will be presented with the following screen:
3. Enter the name of the link as you want it to appear on the link.
4. We recommend that you copy and paste the URL that you want to connect to.
5. Select an icon to appear on the dashboard link from the large selection available.
6. Select the colour that you would like the dashboard link to be, it will appear just like the apps that are already there.
7. the last thing you need to do is say which roles can have access to the dashboard link. It will automatically select all roles and you can deselect the roles that you do not want to have access.
8. To save, click on the Add Dashboard Link button.
9. Your link will now appear in the dashboard link list and on the dashboard for the roles that have access to it.
10 The Dashboard screen with the custom link for Youtube.