How to add a YouTube video
This help sheet explains the process of adding a video from another website and using it in your School Jotter. We are going to show you how to Embed an object into your website. You can follow this procedure for many resources from the likes of Purple Mash, Espresso and the BBC etc.
There are two methods for this embedded code or Youtube URL.
- Edit page
2. Insert Item > Youtube
3. Select the area to add the Youtube by clicking the black bar.
4. Paste the URL from Youtube into the grey toolbar URL box. Click Update.
5. The video should embed into the page.
1. Go to YouTube.com and search for the required video.
2. You are looking for the Embed code which is sometimes shown as <>. Different website vary in detail but are similar in principle. Below is how YouTube.com does it.
3. Sign in to your School Jotter website and go to the page you want to add the video to and click on the Edit Page button.
4. Then click on Insert Item button and then select the Embedded code option.
5. Next, decide where you want to place the YouTube video by clicking on one of the boxes that says Insert embedded code here.
6. Then select the Custom option.
7. Paste the copied embed code and click the OK button.
8. Your video will now run from within your website. If you wish you can change the video by clicking on the button to the right of the Embedded code box, it has ... in it. Click on the blue Update button if you do make any changes.
9. Click the Save Page and Save and Publish Page button.