How to add / edit webfeeds
News/Web feeds are a great way to pull up-to-date information from other sites sources. The feed is added-to externally and will update automatically on your site with any changes.
To add a webfeed to your page simply:
Login to your School Jotter -> Edit Page -> Insert Item -> Web feed.
From here you can add a title and a description of your feed.
Followed by entering the URL of the specific feed.
Follow signs for RSS or the RSS logo on the external page to be directed to the feed URL you require.
Web Feeds created this way are saved to Jotter and can be re-used at other parts of the site.
Please see below an example of the BBC news web feed.
News from the UK and around the world.
- Manchester bomber's brother arrested for murder
Hashem Abedi is extradited from Libya and arrested by British police over the May 2017 attack.
- Govia Thameslink fined £1m over Gatwick Express window death
Simon Brown died after leaning from the window of a Gatwick Express train in August 2016.
- Woman wins right to late partner's military pension in landmark ruling
The ruling could impact others in the public sector, including police, teachers and doctors.
- Scarlett Keeling: Man convicted of killing UK teenager on Goa beach
One of two men charged with raping and killing Scarlett Keeling is guilty, an Indian court rules.
- Tourists facing travel money 'shock' this summer
Tourists are getting less than a euro for their pounds in some foreign exchange kiosks.