How to add / edit webfeeds
News/Web feeds are a great way to pull up-to-date information from other sites sources. The feed is added-to externally and will update automatically on your site with any changes.
To add a webfeed to your page simply:
Login to your School Jotter -> Edit Page -> Insert Item -> Web feed.
From here you can add a title and a description of your feed.
Followed by entering the URL of the specific feed.
Follow signs for RSS or the RSS logo on the external page to be directed to the feed URL you require.
Web Feeds created this way are saved to Jotter and can be re-used at other parts of the site.
Please see below an example of the BBC news web feed.
News from the UK and around the world.
- Prince Philip: Queen 'has been amazing', says Countess of Wessex
The monarch's children have been visiting her at Windsor Castle following the death of Prince Philip…
- NI riots: Fourteen more police officers injured in night of violence
Officers come under attack from petrol bombs and other missiles in parts of Belfast, and also Colera…
- Prince Philip: What are the plans for his funeral?
What happens next in the days leading up to the ceremonial funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh?
- Prince Philip: Sporting fixtures to pay tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
Further tributes will be paid across the sporting weekend to Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, w…
- Prince Philip tributes: Royals reflect on the 'rock in the Queen’s life'
The Duke of Edinburgh's children share reflections on his legacy and "astonishing achievement".