How to add / edit webfeeds
News/Web feeds are a great way to pull up-to-date information from other sites sources. The feed is added-to externally and will update automatically on your site with any changes.
To add a webfeed to your page simply:
Login to your School Jotter -> Edit Page -> Insert Item -> Web feed.
From here you can add a title and a description of your feed.
Followed by entering the URL of the specific feed.
Follow signs for RSS or the RSS logo on the external page to be directed to the feed URL you require.
Web Feeds created this way are saved to Jotter and can be re-used at other parts of the site.
Please see below an example of the BBC news web feed.
News from the UK and around the world.
- New UK weather warnings for snow and ice as sporting events cancelled
Glasgow Airport experiences major disruption due to snow while sporting events are cancelled.
- British soldier killed off duty in Kenya
BBC understands 32-year-old Maj Kevin McCool was on a motorcycle trip off base when he was attacked.
- Claudia Winkleman quits BBC Radio 2 show
The Strictly Come Dancing host tells listeners she wants to spend more time with her daughter.
- COP28 host UAE to massively ramp up oil production, BBC learns
The state oil company Adnoc is set to be the world's second biggest producer, analysis shows.
- 'Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!' - Home Alone actor gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star
Macaulay Culkin unveils his Hollywood star and says the honour is meaningful to him as a father.