How to add / edit webfeeds
News/Web feeds are a great way to pull up-to-date information from other sites sources. The feed is added-to externally and will update automatically on your site with any changes.
To add a webfeed to your page simply:
Login to your School Jotter -> Edit Page -> Insert Item -> Web feed.
From here you can add a title and a description of your feed.
Followed by entering the URL of the specific feed.
Follow signs for RSS or the RSS logo on the external page to be directed to the feed URL you require.
Web Feeds created this way are saved to Jotter and can be re-used at other parts of the site.
Please see below an example of the BBC news web feed.
News from the UK and around the world.
- Operation Desert Light: Europol take down massive cocaine 'super cartel'
High value targets were detained in Dubai and over 40 arrests were made on the continent, police sai…
- China Covid: BBC journalist detained by police during protests
Ed Lawrence was beaten and arrested by Shanghai police while covering anti-government rallies.
- Monkeypox given new name by global health experts
The change to mpox was prompted by concerns over negative connotations from the name of the virus.
- Gunmen storm Ecuador hospital to try to kill teen
Gang members took staff hostage and exchanged fire with police before they were arrested.
- Boy, 16, arrested after two teens fatally stabbed in London
Kearne Solanke and Charlie Bartolo died just a mile apart in south-east London on Saturday.