How to make webpage private
This help sheet explains how to make a page visible only to people who have a user account on the system. For example, the user needs to login to see the page.
This is a page that the viewer needs a login to see.
You need to have the permission in your Role to do this.
1. Log in to your website and click the Manage button followed by selecting the Pages.
2. Select the page, by clicking on it, that you want to make Private and click the Access button.
3. Now search for the usernames or roles that will be able to access this page. Type the name or role into the box, and select from the drop down.
4. The results will automatically appear in the dropdown once you start typing. If you choose an individual user (a person icon), only that person can access the page (you can add many individual users if you like).
If you add a role (a tick box) then anyone with that role can access the page.
5. Now select the permissions that user or role will have from the box on the right.Click Add to Settings.
6. You need to click in the Private Page box which will add a tick and change the page from public to private, which must be accessed by logging in with a username and password created in the Admin menu. Then click the Save button.
7. Log out and test your private page. This is what a Private page looks like until the user logs in.
8. You log in with the username and password created by the website administrator.